INSIGHTGIG TECHNOLOGIES PRIVATE LIMITED (hereinafter referred to as “Company”, “InsightGig”, “we”, “us”, “our” and terms of similar meaning) owns and operates web-based applications including the website www.insightgig.com and all affiliated websites, applications, mobile websites, and mobile application (collectively referred to as the “Platform”).
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000 (together with any statutory amendments or modifications thereof). This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
To access/utilise the Platform, the Users are required to provide certain personal, non-personal and other information, as indicated below (such information and correspondences hereinafter collectively referred to as “Information”):
- Personal Information: In order for you to access/utilize the Platform and/or as part of the registration process on the Platform, we may require you to provide us with certain information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information shall include but not be limited to the following categories of information:
- (i) name, email address, password, country, city, contact number and company/organization that you are associated with, company address, billing address, details relating to work experience, skills and expertise and details of professional certifications and educational qualifications, when you sign up on the Platform or when you post requirements, get proposals or commission Insight Partners;
- (ii) we may collect your Personal Information such as name, age, contact details, preferences, etc. through surveys and forms, when you choose to participate in these surveys etc.;
- (iii) we may collect Personal Information such as a photograph of your face, a selfie, or data about your interactions with the Service to verify your identity and to detect fraud, identity theft, or other misuse of your account through the use of facial recognition and other technologies. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification. The biometric identifiers or information collected are used only for identity verification and platform security and use integrity purposes.
- (iv) we may also collect information about whether you are eligible for any affirmative action programmes or policies, if you opt to provide such information;
- (v) to the extent permitted by law, the Company may record and monitor your communications with us to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies which may include the recording of telephone conversations; and
- (vii) InsightGig (https://www.insightgig.com) is an online collaboration platform connecting customers (Clients) requiring insight related services with individuals and boutique firms (Experts) that provide them. Currently, the platform functions as a reverse marketplace, where Clients can post enquiries and Experts can bid and take up those projects. One of the features of the platform is for Clients and Experts to be able to communicate with each other seamlessly during the course of an insight project. One of the communication features that we would like to provision for users is the ability to schedule online meetings through Google Meet from within the InsightGig platform. Our users have indicated the usefulness of such a feature, so that they do not have to set up such calls from outside the platform. For this purpose, we have set up an integration that allows anyone with a Google Account on InsightGig platform to set up meetings via Google Calendar API from within the InsightGig platform seamlessly. For the above purpose, we are using this scope https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.events. With this scope we are giving users the ability to create a meeting through the platform where they can view and edit events on the Google calendar.
Please note that the above list is not an exhaustive list and is only an illustrative list and is without prejudice to our right to seek further Personal Information, as may be required for the provision of the Services to you and under applicable laws.
We will collect Personal Information about you only as part of a voluntary registration process, online survey or any combination thereof.
When browsing our Platform, you are not required to provide any Personal Information unless and until you choose to avail a Service or sign up for one of our e-mail newsletters or other Services as available on the Platform.
- Non-Personal Information: When you visit the Platform, we may collect certain non-personal information such as your internet protocol address, operating system, browser type, internet service provider, information about the pages on the Platform you visit/access, the links you click on the Platform, the number of times you access the page and any such browsing information. This type of information does not identify you personally. We may also collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them, including log information and location information, when you are a User of the Services through the Platform.
- Information Collected on the Platform: When you use the Platform (website/ application) through your mobile, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier number for your device. We may use this information to provide you with suggestions in respect of Services, if required. If you choose to post a job requirement/listing (including but not limited to information such as name of the organization or brand, scope and objective of the project, budget, location, expertise requested, and timing of project performance) via the Service as a Client, the contents of such listing will be viewable publicly, unless you designate the listing as only viewable through the Service or as private using the settings available on the Platform. As part of the Service, when enabled by an Insight Partner, we collect information about an Insight Partner’s work on a project for a Client, which information may be shared by us with relevant Client. We may also use such information for statistical analysis, product development, marketing and research.
- User communications: When you send emails or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services to you.
- Information on behalf of Children: If you have reason to believe that a minor child has provided Personal Information to Us through the usage of Our Platform, please contact the Grievance Redressal Officer and we will endeavour to delete that information and terminate the minor’s account from our databases.
In case you choose to decline to submit any Information, we may not be able to provide you access to the Platform or to our Services or certain aspects of the Platform or our Services. We will not be liable and/or responsible for the denial of providing access to the Platform to you on account of inadequacy of Information provided by you.
When you register with the Platform, we may contact you from time to time about updating of Information, to provide you such features that we believe may benefit/interest you.
- To provide our Services to you including providing suitable suggestions with respect to the Insight Partners, relevant search results, and other social media communication facilities;
- To process and fulfil your request for Services, to provide personalized features to you on the Platform and promotional offers to you through the Platform and other channels;
- We may disclose your Personal Information to Service Professionals and/or other registered business partners (as applicable). We or our Service Professionals/registered business partners may present marketing material and customised messages to you, when necessary to provide Services requested by you;
- To improve our Services and offerings, to contact you as a survey respondent;
- To enforce our Terms;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Platform, our business, Services, and other users;
- To publish any testimonials or reviews that you may have provided on the Platform;
- Preventing, detecting, investigating and taking action against crimes (including but not limited to fraud and other financial crimes), any other illegal activities, suspected fraud, or violations of Terms in any jurisdiction;
- To the extent required for identity verification, government sanctions screening and due diligence checks;
- To analyse your usage patterns in an aggregated and anonymized manner to understand your usage of the Platform and provide personalized recommendations and service
- Establishing, exercising or defending legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seeking professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings; and
- To serve various promotional and advertising materials to you via display advertisements through the Google Ad network on third party websites. You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION OBTAINED
- We will not use your financial information for any purpose other than to complete a transaction with you.
- Except as expressly stated herein, we do not rent, sell or share your Personal Information and will not disclose any of your Personal Information to third parties. In cases where it has your permission to provide Services (as defined in the Terms) that you have requested and such Information is necessary to provide these Services, the Information may be shared with our business associates including the Clients/Insight Partners, as applicable, business partners and other third party service suppliers. We may, however, share consumer information on an aggregate with partners or third parties where it deems necessary. In addition, we may use this Information for promotional offers.
- We may disclose Information, in good faith, wherein the access, use, preservation or disclosure of such Information, including preservation of transaction history is reasonably necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; (ii) enforce applicable Terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (iv) protect against imminent harm to our rights, property or safety, our users or the public as required or permitted by law; or (v) to defend against legal claims; special circumstances such as compliance with subpoenas, court orders, requests/order from legal authorities or law enforcement agencies requiring such disclosure
- Additionally, in the event of an audit, reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may share/transfer/assign the Information we have collected to the relevant third party.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
In the event you are a User in EU or EEA, you will be asked to provide clear and affirmative consent to the collection, processing, and sharing of your Personal Information, subject to withdrawal of your consent at any time on request. Under GDPR, EU/EEA residents have the following rights:
- to obtain a copy of your personal information together with information about how and on what basis that personal information is processed;
- to know the purpose to process the Personal Information;
- to know the status of Personal Information processed;
- access the Personal Information that is processed;
- to get erased or rectified the Personal Information;
- restrict the processing of the Personal Information;
- data portability of the Personal Information provided in respect of the Services;
- to object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing or profiling;
- where you have provided your Personal Information to us with your consent, to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine-readable format and to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller;
- to obtain a copy of or access to safeguards under which your Personal Information is transferred outside of the EU/EEA;
- opt-out option from processing the Personal Information (unless the Company has otherwise compelling legitimate grounds).
The abovementioned rights can be exercised by EU/EEA residents by contacting the Grievance Redressal Officer. For the purposes of the GDPR, our Grievance Redressal Officer is also our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
We use reasonable security measures to protect Information from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and help ensure the appropriate use/disclosure of Information. We host the Platform in a secure server environment that uses firewalls and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. Although we will endeavour to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information, transmissions made by means of the internet cannot be made absolutely secure. By using this Platform, you agree that we will have no liability for disclosure of your Information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your Account, user ids and passwords while accessing the Platform as a User. You acknowledge that neither us nor any of our representatives shall be liable to you under any circumstances for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from or arise out of, or a breach or compromise of registration of your Account on the Platform and/or your ability or inability to use such Account.
Sensitive details like Credit/Debit Card and Net Banking information are primarily collected by the Payment Processors and banks and not by Us. However, if this information is stored on our Platform, it remains completely unshared and safe.
By using this Platform, you agree that we can place cookies on your computer or device as explained above. However, you can control and manage cookies in various ways. Removing or blocking cookies can impact user experience and parts of this Platform may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers will allow you to delete them on an individual basis or block cookies from particular or all websites. In the event of you deleting all cookies, you will lose any and all preference you have set including your preference to opt-out from cookies.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
We do not provide any Personal Information or personally identifiable information to third party websites / advertisers / ad-servers without your consent.
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL OFFICER
Details of the Grievance Redressal Officer:
Email: [email protected]
Address: Chennai, India